Saturday, July 25, 2009

And So It Begins

It's hard to believe that in less than a week I'll be moving to go to MEDICAL SCHOOL. It's been my goal and dream for so long that it's kindof unreal that it's really here.... I'm excited but so so nervous.

My books started coming in today.... Thirteen out of the twenty-four that I had to order. $1200!! And on top of it all, they all seem so big and scary and grown-up. Like books that you would see at a doctors office....or in a library. Books like "Stedman's Medical Dictionary," "Textbook of Medical Physiology," "Foundations for Osteopathic Medicine".....my oh my. Seeing on these books, on top of my class schedule (http://www.tu.edu/user_files/551/Fall_2009_OMS_I_Integrated_Curriculum_Calendar.pdf) makes me realize that I really am going to be studying ALL THE TIME, with no chance for a life in these next two years. Hopefully nothing major happens in society or entertainment, becuase chances are I won't know about it... That's about all for now. More to come from Mare Island!

1 comment:

  1. Well I signed up as your Google friend contact. I'm frightened that some one is going to come and get me in my home but at least I know a good "doctor" if something happens. I wish you the best in settling in and making new friends in your house and those b-o-y-s next door. Unka will be up in snap if anyone get fresh.
    I'm really excited that I'm # 1 on your list. See you in a couple of weeks. I'll bring my white coat so I'm cool looking also!

    ReplyDelete