Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to The Grind...

Well, Fall Break is sadly over. It was an amazing ten-day break visiting Megan in DC, Margaret and family in DC, and even having some of my girlfriends from Saint Peter's take the bus down to DC to visit me!! So it was an amazing and relaxing time away!
In front of the Louisville Slugger!!
Marie, Margaret's ADORABLE daughter.
In Charleston, West Virginia. Megy had never been to Cracker Barrel!
Hanging out with the President's at the Smithsonian
And with the Washington family at Mount Vernon...
....and some soldiers.
Lunch at the Mount Vernon Inn. One of my favorite pictures of the trip.
And Jo and Mae came to visit!

All in all, it was a great trip. And now life is back to hardcore studying, especially since we have another mid-block exam next Friday. These days we're learning about cell injury/inflammation/and the drugs that go along with treating that. Interesting but a lot to learn.... Ok, thats all for now!

Oh, except one passage from the book I just finished reading, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: "My friend Josh Shipp is one of the greatest communicators I've heard. He's only in his twenties but speaks around the country at high schools and is often a guest on MTV. Kids love him because he is funny and direct. Josh grew up in more than twenty foster homes, never knowing his real parents. And yet he is incredibly successful. I asked Josh why he's so healthy, so emotionally stable, considering his childhood. Josh told me something I'll never forget. He said, 'Don, when something hard happens to you, you have two choices in how to deal with it. You can either get better, or better. I chose to get better. It's made all the difference."

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Louisville Slugger and the presidents with Jolie.

    ReplyDelete