Sunday, October 25, 2009

Midblock 2 -- Passed :)

So it keeps getting more and more intense and more busy and all of it! But so far, I'm surviving and even passing! :)

Last weekend/this week was super stressful and busy. I feel like literally all I did was study...starting ALL day last Saturday through late Thursday night, in preparation for my Fundamentals midblock on Friday on Pharmacology (80+ drugs to memorize), Immunology (as it is, a lot harder/not as interesting as one may expect), Cell Injury and Death, and Cancer. It was a beast of information. In addition to memorizing all the drugs, I also had 75 pages of objectives to know and understand. All this to make the point....it was a very hard test. And it only is going to get harder! So Friday was my test. I passed but let me just say, I would not bet my patients' lives on some of those answers. I think I'm gonna be constantly busting out my Physician's Desk Reference :) After the test we had a class on Jurisprudence (read: all about getting sued :() and then I went on a NINE MILE RUN because I had a lot of stress to release...and I'm training for the half-marathon in Fort Lauderdale next month with my college roommates!!! I'm SOOOOOOO excited :) Friday after my run, my roommates and I went grocery shopping (and drove through Jack-In-The-Box for a Pumpkin Pie Shake to celebrate the test being over -- yummy!) because that night we went to a potluck with some other students and second-years on the island. It was super yummy, with lots of good Asian food. So while we were there, a group was getting ready to go into SF to go dancing at some club and convinced me to go! So I called another friend and convinced her to come with me (Angela didn't want to come and Caitlin's boyfriend was in town and Nourah has a sprained ankle) and we all went out into the city! It was so much fun, though my feet/legs are still recovering from the studying-deep-vein-thrombosis/running/dancing combination.
Dancing Medical Students.

So Saturday I woke up and my roommates made a pancake breakfast and then we did a deep house cleaning which was good, then I went with another group of friends to Sushi in Benecia then into SF again to do the tourist-y things because my friend Mike is from Colorado and had never been!
Very excited about going into SF again!
Driving down Lombard St!!
The group of us in SF :)
And of course we had to go to Ghirardelli!
We were very successful with the group shots. From left: Alison, Mike, Josh, me, and T. Future Doctors of America!!
And of course Alison and I had to take a picture with Barack and Michell. In our crab hats.

So this weekend has been super fun and relaxing...but tomorrow is back to school and study-mode again, with Blocks in 2 weeks! :/ Even though I think that in some ways our midblocks are harder because it seems like we end up with 4 weeks worth of information on them, and only 2 weeks of information to know for block exams. Thats just for Fundamentals though. For OMM and Doctoring, we're only tested at every block so we have 6 weeks of information to know, but we have less lectures in those classes so its not as bad.

That's all for now, which is good because right now, life is good :)

1 comment:

  1. Well that sound intense! I love the part about the betting on your patients' live with your answers. A good malpractice lawyer would love to use that in court.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like all you do is party and eat out. And here I thought you were the lonely girl. Not Joile... as usual in the middle of everything and making friends all the time. Is there a special "friend" guy yet?
    Good luck on the half marathon!!!!

    Unka

    ReplyDelete