Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Day of Medical School!

Today was it: my first officially day of medical school! It was good, just a lot of introduction stuff which was good, but so long! 8-5 is far too long to be in school! Overall it was good though.

Yesterday I met my advisor (who looks exactly like Gene Wilder/Willy Wonka) who gave us lots of good advice, and we heard about the Global Health program and how a team gets to go to Africa this summer!! I'm so excited, I'm totally gonna apply!

I can't think of much more to write about because I'm tired because I got up at 5:45 this morning to run because I'm a beast! Except tomorrow we start on cadavers! Oh and today we had our first Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) lab where we had to strip down to our shorts and sports bras (or topless for boys) and lay on like massage tables to practice feeling the human body (just the back today). Kindof intense when the professor is like "Shirts off!" but its acutally a super fun lab. Ok, bed now.

Love you Unka (since I think you're the only one who reads this ;))

1 comment:

  1. Shirts off!!!! Now wait a minute, I need to talk with Gene Wilder aka Young Frankenstein and let him know my niece doesn't do those kinds of things. Just read your books and forget all that "hands on" stuff.
    Be sure to wash your hands after touching those unclean bodies - alive and dead.
    Took Ethan to Seal today and as were began to turn onto Main he asked out the clear blue "Where's Joile" What a doll. We played in the water and then on the sand for about an hour.
    Great news: Matt was not only rehired in LB but was given his tenure back. No more summers wondering if he has a job in the fall.
    The Africa trip sound like its right down your ally. Keep us posted.

    Love ya
    Unka

    ReplyDelete