Friday, August 14, 2009

Week 2 -- Survived

I have survived week two. We had 10 hours of embryology, OMM (Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine) lab which involves taking your shirt off and practicing being both the patient and the doctor with your partner and finding all kinds of bones and things on their body, started to learn how to take a patient's history and even had a class about "Finding Balance" and stress relief which really just was more stressful because we had to think about all the things that were stressing us out! And then we had to meditate for 7 minutes and think about nothing but our breathing............there's no one anyone can actually do that. I can't even turn my brain off when I sleep; there's no one I can turn it off for 7 minutes and think about nothing but my breathing. But besides that, my week was good. There's a lot of work but so far I feel like I'm keeping on top of it pretty well. I can see how it's going to get really intense really soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment