Saturday, August 22, 2009

Week 3 -- Survived

I knew in coming to school that it would feel like it was flying by, and indeed, it does... I can't believe it's already been three weeks! This week was good, but instead of 10 hours of embryology, as we had in week 2, we had 10 hours of biochemistry....significantly LESS interesting. We also had a different professor for biochem than for embryology, so that also might have contributed to the less-than-interesting-ness. There was some highlights though, for example, we got to practice taking a complete history on each other, I got to saw open a vertebral column and see the spinal cord of my cadavar and I got 100% on my first histology quiz! We had to identify different epithilial cell types, which is actually pretty interesting. So overall things are good even though next Monday (the 31st), we have our first mid-block exam so I'm sure things are going to get mildly stressful on Mare Island...

Today I'm just waiting for the fam to come up for my white coat ceremony tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoyed the White Coat ceremony yesterday. Knowing the layout of the land Mara Island and your living quarters helps visualize Jolie's life.

    ReplyDelete