Monday, August 3, 2009

The "Last Supper" and First Day of Orientation

So last night I made dinner for my roommates (with help of course :)) in what we lovingly entitled the "Last Supper" before med school begins and our lives end. It was actually, quite good!

So today was the first day. It was good. Long. Lots of information thrown at us, and people introduced, most of whom I've already forgotten their name. I feel very young. In my lab group, for example, I'm the only one who's just graduated, most have been out for a few years. A lot of people are married or engaged. A lot. People have lots of interesting life stories; its a very well-traveled and diverse group (in interests, not in ethnicity. in ethnicity it's primarily asian, indian, and white). I know this because we spent most of the afternoon getting up on stage one at a time (all 135 of us) and introducing ourselves. They even videoed it so we can watch it at graduation...that should be interesting haha. It was neat though to hear everyone's stories, though its hard to remember what story (and name) goes with what face.

After our very long and tiring day, we had a "Fun Run" which actually turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would. After three hours of sitting to listen to everyone's bios, it was nice to a) get to talk to people in person and connect the name and story with the faces and b) be outside and run!

Overall, the first day was pretty good. I'm glad its done though. I'm also super thankful for my roommates and how great they are and how well we all get along....because some of these people are WEIRD!

-- "Student Doctor" Hoppe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment